Basic writing strategies on how to write a great research paper
Writing a research paper is a headache problem for everyone who has ever come across this task. It seems that conducting a good research is overwhelming and stressful. Many students take great pains over their research papers wasting a lot of precious time on writing every single part of it. The reasons why it happens so are quite obvious. Some put their papers off till the deadline; others cut their teeth with the first papers while the rest have just no guiding hand in such a serious work.
However, there must be no way to panic as anyway a research paper should be on professor’s table on time. Start writing with this guide and you will find these easy-to-follow instructions very useful and valuable. You are sure to obtain all required information on how to write a great research paper here. Perfect writing and research skills are possible to acquire if to start learning right now.
These strategies may seem simple and evident, however, they are worth looking at.
- Do some preliminary literature searches; think carefully to identify the topic of you research paper.
- Begin to explore the field you are interested in as early as possible. At the beginning of the course, you have plenty of time to study major scholar works, well-researched topics, and newly-published theories to see the actual state of things. Don’t stop generating your ideas while doing background reading and you will come upon the issue that needs consideration. With a topic to research go to your supervisor and work out possible directions of the research.
- Put clear research questions asking «How» and «Why». This is an essential thing to start research. Many scholars, sociologists, and other academics would say that you should work on both questions as they help the writer to formulate an argument. For example, the questions: Why did the Great Depression happen in the USA? or How could it be prevented? will make you look at the problem deeper, find out some more controversial opinions and formulate a specific statement for your research. Remember that a good paper answers only serious questions otherwise, it will look sketchy and lightweight.
- Want to know how to write a great research paper, be careful with using secondary sources. It is not a problem to find necessary information on the topic you study. At the click of a mouse you will easily come across numerous articles, surveys, reports on the problem but make sure you use primary sources. Only this makes your research real. Secondary research provides you with ready-made solutions and summarized opinions while primary works enable you to learn statistical data, memorials of real witnesses of the period you investigate, firsthand reportages and interviews. Only genuine materials take you close to the point, operate factual data and make matter-of-fact judgments. You will find primary materials in original languages. Such sources contain direct links to the people who were direct participants of this or that event and so on. Of course, scientific works translated into other languages are also perfect sources to obtain quick and relevant data. You are to select enough evidence from the primary source and you will be able to produce proper and powerful arguments. Explore as many credible works as possible at the very beginning of the research and you will your own work will be safe and sound from second-hand opinions.
- Do not turn your paper into a report. Very often students summarize the obtained information without proper argumentation. Asking how to write a great research paper you should agree that rewriting other ideas won’t make a real research. Find facts to form mighty arguments. Search for other opinions in reliable sources that can both support and oppose your ideas. Evaluate the facts you get with respect to their relevance, weaknesses, and strong points. Assemble the opinions that are wise and unconventional, analyze and compare them until you create your own original ideas. Powerful and logical argumentation will enable you to reach feasible solutions and in the end clear conclusion.
- Write well. It means presenting the material in the best possible way. Clear, logical structure, accurately cited sources, adequate in-text notes, text coherency greatly contribute to the fact that the professor will readily accept the paper.
One more tip on how to write a great research paper is to keep in mind that a good research is executed in accordance with the style, format, and other requirements and contains tables, illustrations, graphs and other supportive materials.
Feel well with these strategies while writing a research paper. Follow these simple but practical tips on how to write a great research paper and it will make your writing process easy and less stressful.
How to start writing a research paper
You should understand is that writing a great research paper takes much time and effort. Your duty is to be attentive and productive at every stage of writing from the identifying of the topic to final revision. First, prepare an outline of the thesis. Further smooth and consistent work depends on how well you make the Table of Contents. It is a grand mistake to writing without a plan. List each section you want to include and provide it with a brief description. A complete outline is the best way to see what you get in the end. Brush it up removing unnecessary parts and adding missing sections. Doing meticulous work at the beginning you are more likely to obtain a comprehensive research paper. You are to do it with your professor who is more experienced in drafting and sequencing the thesis parts. However, revising a draft may take time. Be prepared for some alterations during the writing process itself. It is quite natural as there is a chance to come up with new ideas and solutions. Anyway, you only benefit from it as a well-structured research paper can undergo a critical eye of any fault-finder. Once you’ve got an outline, start writing immediately. With every single delay, you risk producing rush conclusions and limited time for good revision or even worse to fail the defense.
What are the parts of a great research paper?
If you are willing to know how to write a great research paper, learn how to structure it in the most appropriate way.
General introduction to the topic and the question, reasons to prove your opinion and sometimes a brief overview of the obtained results.
- Study rationale (not compulsory)
In this part, a reader is given some background knowledge of the subject under study. Thus, you provide him with the basic information needed for better understanding of the problem.
- State of the art review
This section includes the overview of the previous research works that touch the topic of your thesis. They are mostly advanced ideas taken from primary sources. Note that you do not introduce your own concepts here. This part of the thesis may contain subsections as you usually present more than one idea.
Here you refer to the problem you have stated. The attention is focused on the main idea. You have to explain it clearly and what is more important to make your writing catching and inspiring. You convince the reader that your idea is worth considering that is why the statement should be specific, concise and interesting at the same time. These questions will help you to formulate a good statement:
Is the statement strong enough to hook the reader’s attention?
Have I provided enough evidence to support?
Is it clear what I am going to prove in the research?
- Answer the question
It is the time to show how you deal with the problem. Your aim is to convince the readers that the problem has been solved successfully. Keep in mind there is no room for dead ends here.
This part includes three basic sections which are crucial for a student who wants to learn how to write a great research paper. They are
- Presentation of your personal contributions
- Prospects for further studies.
It is recommended to present conclusions in numbered paragraphs. Each will contain the solution of the problem. Every student needs to know that his contributions will be carefully read as they are the final product, new knowledge, something that can be consumed or used in other research. A useful tip is to arrange them according to the significance value.
The list of references basically includes all outstanding works in the field you have overviewed in section 3 and refer to the main body of the paper. It will be diplomatic if to list your supervisor’s works here together with ones of the academic staff of your university.
You attach all material that seems to make your presentation smooth and vivid. Huge tables, charts, pictures, etc. enable a better understanding of the research outcomes.
When you write a research paper you continue learning the material of the course and the world in particular. You investigate, discover, identify a problem, solve it, search for new ideas and the ways to express them. You learn to prove your point of view to the audience, provide vivid examples, and argue for a stance, experiment with ideas and much more. These skills are strongly required outside academic environment, that’s why you are to acquire them as early as possible.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.