100% Original, Plagiarism Free, Tailored to your instructions

Order Now!

MATH 1324-Give all answers as decimals correct to 4

MATH 1324Quiz 6Show all work in the space provided. Credit will be given only for work that is clear and readable.Please staple all pages together before turning in the quiz.23. Give all answers as decimals correct to 4 significant decimal digits. A company advertises that its newtoothpaste will prevent tartar buildup. It claims that 40% of people will have less tartar after three months ofusing the toothpaste. To justify the claim a clinical experiment is run with 20 people using the toothpastefor three months. Find the probability thata) only 4 of the twenty will have less tartar.a) ___________________b) at least 4 of the twenty will have less tartar.b) ___________________24. A new drug claims that it is 85% effective when used to treat patients that have a terrible infection soall such patients with the infection at a local hospital are treated with this new drug. About 5% of thepatients in a local hospital have this terrible infection. Give all answers as decimals correct to 4 significantdecimal digits.a) What is the probability that a person hospitalized for this terrible infection is cured giventreatment by this new drug?a) ___________________b) What is the probability that a person recently released from this hospital was treated and curedof this terrible infection by this new drug?b) ___________________c) If 20 people recently released from this hospital are surveyed, what is the probability that 2 ofthem were treated and cured of this terrible infection?c) ___________________25. Three cards are drawn from a standard deck. Write probabilities as reduced fractions.a) How many 3-card hands are possible?b) What is the probability that all three cards are diamonds?c) What is the probability that all three cards are in the same suit?d) What is the probability that all three cards are face cards?e) What is the probability of three of a kind?f) What is the probability of having a pair (exactly 2 of a kind)?g) What is the probability of having (exactly) 2 cards of the same suit?a) _____________b) _____________c) _____________d) _____________e) _____________f) _____________g) _____________26. You draw one card from a standard deck of playing cards. If you pick a heart, you will win $10. If youpick a face card, which is not a heart, you win $8. If you pick any other card, you lose $6. Do you want toplay?a hearta face card not a heartany other cardxpProbabilities must be exact fractions and not decimal numbers.27. At Tucson Raceway Park, your horse, Soon-to-be-Glue, has odds of 19:1 against coming in first place,odds of 9:1 against coming in second place, and odds of 3:1 against coming in third place. First place pays$4,500 to the winner, second place $3,500 and third place $1,500. Is it worthwhile to enter the race if itcosts $1,000? Be careful here — you were given odds against and not probabilities!first placesecond placethird placexpProbabilities must be exact fractions and not decimal numbers.28. A construction company has just received a building contract. From past experience, the companyestimates there is a 55% chance of making a $500,000 profit, a 8% chance of breaking even, and a 37%chance of losing $200,000, depending on weather conditions and other factors. What is the expected valueof the company’s contract?

Our Service Charter

  1. Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-Free

    We employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
  2. Free Revisions

    We keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
  3. Confidentiality / 100% No Disclosure

    We make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
  4. Money Back Guarantee

    If the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
  5. 24/7 Customer Support

    We have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.

Excellent Quality
Zero Plagiarism
Expert Writers

Custom Writing Service

Instant Quote
Single spaced
approx 275 words per page
Urgency (Less urgent, less costly):
Total Cost: NaN

Get 10% Off on your 1st order!