What is lobbying and who are the lobbyist? What is a lobbyist under the terms of the Federal lobbying Act?
1. What is lobbying and who are the lobbyists?
Locate the list of the top 100 lobbyists in Ottawa in 2015 contained in the article in the Hill Times. This article contains a list of the top 100 lobbyists in Ottawa.
What is a lobbyist under the terms of the Federal Lobbying Act?
Build a data-set that includes the following information for each of the 100 lobbyists: gender, political party affiliation or connection, former party position, former elected position and one other characteristic or variable that is mentioned for most of the lobbyists and you think is important. Once you have the data-set built, summarize your findings in percentages. Describe where the data came from. Discuss your findings and what they mean and why you think they are important. How far can you generalize your findings? If you had unlimited time and money what would you do to broaden the study of this question and why?
To better understand the information in the list and your data table, you should look at the lobbyist register and lobbyist legislation on the site of the Office of the Commissioner of Lobbying of Canada.
Properly reference where you found the information.
Submit your data table with the essay (not included in the page count).
The purpose of this assignment is to have you do some real research on important political questions of the day using sources of information that researchers on Canadian politics use frequently:
• Explain why the question you are researching is important.
• Properly reference where the data came from in a manner that would allow a reader to find the exact same places should they choose to verify your figures. Do not use Wikipedia data or references or other secondary sources that do not seem authoritative or primary.
• Tell the reader what the data is telling you and why? You can use graphs or tables to help you do this.
• Tell the reader what you would do to further investigate the question given more time and resources.
• Include the data table you have built as an appendix to the paper.
• To complete this assignments you are going to have to have some limited skill with Word tables or Excel or some other spreadsheet program.
• This isn’t an exercise in finding academic literature. There probably aren’t any academic papers written directly on this question you will be addressing. In fact some of the research you will be producing is completely original. However, there may be academic articles on similar or related questions and you should look for it to help with your interpretation of the data.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.