Produce six coaching sessions and justify the underlying rationale in relation to academic theories.
The word limit for the submission is 1500 words (± 10%), excluding appendices
Students are to produce a minimum of six session plans for a single target population, that show progression both within each session and across the plans. Session plans should be included as an Appendix at the back of the essay. The session plans do not count towards the overall word-count
You should identify the underlying aims and objectives of your session plans, both individually and as a whole, and should then justify why these are appropriate for your target audience. You should consider theories of maturational matching, motivational climate, learning styles, skill acquisition and your own personal coaching philosophy.
You will be assessed on the following criteria:
· Production of a minimum of six session plans that show appropriate progression and key coaching points (30%)
· Identify and justify the rationale of the sessions, supporting your argument with evidence from published academic texts. (50%)
· Presentation, including spelling and referencing in Harvard style (20%)
Additional information about the essay
This document is to be read in conjunction with the CW2 Task 1 Assignment Brief.
A number of questions have been asked, so I have decided to write down the answers and share them with everyone. I hope this helps – this is very much a summary of what we have discussed in seminars.
The key aspect of this assignment is that you are able to show in your essay how academic theories have informed the design of your sessions and then whether or not the design of your sessions would meet their objectives.
· The essay word limit is 1500 words ±10%.
· Session plans do not count towards the overall word count. The sessions should be placed as an appendix at the back of the essay.
· The assignment, including the session plans should be submitted via Turnitin, in a single document.
· You can choose the design of session template itself and can include anything that you feel is important. You may use an existing template if you want or design your own. Some example templates have been posted on Blackboard.
· The session plans need to be written in a style that you would give to another coach.
· Session plans may include diagrams.
· I would not expect to see academic discussions or references in your session plans.
· The session plans need to demonstrate progression. Remember progression is about showing progress.
· The session plans can be on any age group, ability level, gender of athlete you choose. However, you must stick with this group of athletes for all your sessions.
· You can choose the sport you want to focus on. You may choose multi-skills.
· The essay is an academic journey in which you refer to elements of your session plan as evidence to support the theories you are discussing.
· The essay needs to be written as an academic essay and referenced using the University prescribed style
· Do NOT structure your essay to discuss each session plan individually. This is very boring. And wrong. Structure your essay to explore an academic topic, referring to elements of your session plans as evidence.
· We have covered a number of themes in lectures you can choose which of these you want to discuss in your essay (please make sure you check the assignment brief to ensure you discuss enough topics).
· If you want to include a topic we have not covered, that is fine. However, I will still expect you to explain it, include academic references and then link it to your sessions.
· You may choose to use the LTAD again if you want (this would be a theory of maturational matching, for example).
· The big question is how much to write about each topic. Well, you have 1500 words for you essay. Let’s say your introduction and conclusion come to a combined total of 200 words. That leaves 1300 words. If you wrote about six topic you would have 200 words per topic. Is that enough to get into detail? On the other hand, if you wrote about 2 topic, at 650 words per topic, would you be able to cover enough topics to get high marks? So, a number somewhere between 2 and 6….Hmmm.
· If there are certain themes you do not like or theories you do not understand, then you can choose not to talk about it. So, if you do not understand/like/agree with Mosston, then you do not have to talk about his ideas.
· If you find an alternative theory to the ones we have discussed in lectures then feel free to use it. You do not have to justify why you are not using the one we talked about in lectures.
· When discussing a topic, you need to outline the theory and why it is useful, include references to the key academic texts, and then demonstrate how this theory has informed aspects of your session plan design. You do not need to include every example of where your sessions have been informed by a theory. For example, if you were discussing Motivation theory you might explain the TARGET model, intrinsic and extrinsic motivation. You would reference Epstein, Ames and others. As space is limited you do not need to explain how you have used every letter of TARGET, but could simply draw attention, for example, to how you have used Grouping (the “G” in TARGET) to create a particular motivational environment.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.