Documentary Summary and Response
Food documentaries are full of rhetoric. While this rhetoric may be convincing for a time, is it lasting? Can it affect real change? Is it reliable and credible? For this assignment, you will watch a documentary about some topic pertaining to food (health, food culture, food related movements, agriculture, the economics of food, etc.) I’ve compiled a list below, but feel free to run other titles that you are interested in by me. After viewing the documentary, you will write an essay in which you first provide a brief summary of the documentary, and then provide your own analysis and response to the film. In this response, consider the following:
• What argument is the film making and how does it use rhetoric to make this point?
• Is the rhetoric convincing? How? What rhetorical strategies were used on you (the viewer)?
• Is the rhetoric reliable? Is it credible?
• Did the film change your mind about an issue? If so, how? If not, what kept you from being convinced?
Some possible choices
Forks Over Knives
Ingredients: the Local Food Movement Takes Root
Hungry for Change
• Typed in 12point, Times New Roman font
• proper MLA format (refer to Lunsford text if necessary), including header in the top left-hand corner of the first page
• page numbers
• 1 inch margins
• 4 pages
2/23 – Rough Draft
2/27 – Final Draft
* Save all drafts to submit in your end-of-semester portfolio
Response with Summary Rubric:
Summary: The summary portion(s) of the essay explains the film in a way that is
• comprehensive: encapsulates the major ideas of the text;
• concise: is short and to the point;
• accurate: portrays the text as it is written, does not make things up;
• objective: does not include the writer’s opinion; and
• independent: is comprehensible on its own, without need to refer to the source text.
The summary should appropriately identify the documentary’s argument.
The response portion(s) of the essay analyzes the film’s argument.
It identifies and analyzes various aspects of the rhetoric including: its reliability, credibility, usefulness, and the types of rhetorical strategies used.
It presents the author’s opinion on the film and addresses whether or not the film changed or altered any existing beliefs the author held prior to viewing.
Organization and Audience: The essay utilizes a clear and logical organizational scheme. The essay also considers the audience, UD administration familiar with the text, when writing the introduction, summary, response, and conclusion.
Using Sources: The essay draws from specific information in the film, provides accurate quotes, and cites them correctly.
Clarity: The essay’s ideas are presented clearly and in a straightforward way. The words are chosen precisely and carefully.
Grammar: The essay’s grammar, punctuation, mechanics, and spelling are correct and meet the requirements for college-level writing.
Principles of Classical and Operant Conditioning
The purpose of this paper is to allow you the opportunity to apply the problem-solving processes by using the methods of learning to change the behavior of another person (the subject). Your assignment is to pick the habit of your roommate, friend, or relative to deisgn two methods of getting rid of this habit.
(1) Using the classical conditioning method, discovered by Pavlov, in which a neutral stimulus eventually becomes associated with a reflex response.
(2) using the operant conditioning method, refined by B.F. Skinner, in which the probability of a response is affected by its consequences.
Your paper should have the following four sections:
(1) A description of the habit to be changed, plus an introduction to the subject (i.e. roommate, friend, relative) which assists the reader in understanding your designs.
(2) A description of the classical conditioning method. be sure to describe (and label) in your situation the conditioned and unconditioned stimuli (CS and UCS) and the conditioned and unconditioned responses (CR and UCR)
(3) A description of the operant conditioning method. be sure to describe whether you are using punishment to decrease the frequency of the behavior or whether you are increasing the frequency of the behavior by employing positive or negative reinforcement.
(4) a description of the essential differences and similarities between operant and classical conditioning methods (present no less than three)
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.