Children’s Discovery Museum
Program Theory: Team Assignment (30 pts)
The purpose of this assignment is to get your group to think about the importance of program goals and theory (i.e., how the program expects to reach its goals). Teams will select a program that meets the need examined in your previous assignment, for your target population. Your team will respond to the questions below to identify the program goals, and analyze the theoretical assumptions or underpinnings that drive the program activities. Note: If multiple services or programs are provided by your team’s target organization, focus on one for this assignment.
1) Optional: Create a shared EtherPad document to draft the text for this assignment collaboratively.
2) Introduction (10 pts total, 2 points per item, 1 – 2 pages). Cite the sources used to gather this information. Use paragraph formatting (i.e., no bullet points).
a. What is the name of the program and what are its primary goals or intended outcomes? If the program is a part of what a larger organization offers, identify the organization.
b. Target Population: Describe the children, youth, and/or families that are intended to benefit from the program. Focus on end-users that participate in the activities.
i. What individual needs does the service/program address? Discuss the domains of development that are related to the program’s intended outcomes (social, emotional, language/literacy, cognitive/academic, physical/health).
ii. Describe the geographic reach of the program. (i.e., In what cities/counties/states are program activities delivered?)
c. What is the key service or activity (i.e., what do providers and end-users do)?
d. Program dosage or duration: For how much time, or, how many visits/events/sessions, are participants involved in the program?
e. How is the access of people or groups to the program determined? Is the program available to any community member from the target population, or is it restricted to certain individuals? Explain your response.
**Note that if some of this information is not mentioned on the website, you can indicate in your paper that this information is “not available.” You do not need to contact the program for information.
3) Research Support (10 pts; one paragraph per team member; Each team member will individually earn up to 10 points based on his/her research paragraph). Each team member must search for, cite, and discuss one article from a peer reviewed journal that supports (or fails to support) the connection between the program activities and a domain of development. Here you are looking for research evidence or theory that suggests that the program’s approach may (or may not) be effective for promoting development in a domain. Be sure that team members each choose different articles that cover a range of developmental outcomes expected by the program. For example, if a program expects to facilitate academic (cognitive) and social outcomes, be sure to have at least one study for each of these outcomes. Include the team member’s name in the heading for the paragraph he or she was responsible for researching.
a. For empirical articles, explain the research evidence: What was the research question asked in the study? Briefly summarize the sample, data sources, and key findings in your own words. Relate the findings back to your target program and domain of development.
b. For theoretical articles, describe the theory posed by the author: Discuss the important concepts and how they are expected to be related to each other in cause-effect relationships. Relate these ideas back to your target program and domain of development.
4) Program Theory and Discussion (10 pts, two paragraphs)
a. Based on what you’ve learned about the program as a team, how would you describe the program’s theory or the cause-and-effect relationships they presume in providing this service to support these domains of children’s development? Be specific.
b. Do you think the program services are likely to lead to attainment of program goals, for the target population? Explain your response, referring to your previous responses, including the research (e.g., discuss program strengths and weaknesses that would help and hinder attainment of its goals).
5) Title page: Use APA formatting. Include one title and all group members’ names.
6) References: In APA format, provide a reference for all sources cited. Include references for the program website, research articles, and any other sources used.
• Late turn in (half a letter grade per day)
• APA style (up to 3 pt deduction for missing or incorrect formatting of title page, citations, or references)
• Excessive grammatical and spelling errors (up to 3 pt deduction)
• The sections of the assignment must be cohesive (up to 3 pt deduction for lack of focus or cohesiveness between sections of the assignment.)
_______ (30 points) Total
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.